In recent years, YouTube has evolved into a leading platform for content creators to exhibit their skills and generate income. With its massive user base and diverse range of content, YouTube offers creators a unique opportunity to share their talents and connect with audiences worldwide while monetizing their content. However, getting approved for monetization on YouTube can be a challenging task.
If you have been rejected, don’t be discouraged, there are still ways to enable monetization on your channel. So we guess you can understand the core theme of this article. Thus what can you expect from this article? In this article, we will explore some tips on how to enable monetization after being rejected. Let’s get started now!
Analyze the reasons for rejection.
The first and foremost step is to identify why your channel was rejected for monetization. There can be many reasons for rejections. Since YouTube has strict policies that content creators must adhere to, and failure to comply with these policies can result in rejection.
If you’re a new YouTuber and unaware of such policies, there are some common reasons for rejection, including
- Inappropriate content
- Copyright infringement, and
- Spammy behavior.
Analyzing the reasons for rejection will help you to understand what needs to be fixed and how to avoid making the same mistakes in the future.
Never feel down; everyone can’t be able to attain monetization in one shot! It’s a long and consistent job that needs to be done in a standard way. Thus, always check for the reason for rejection before you proceed to make changes.
Make necessary changes to your channel.
Once you have identified the reasons for rejection, the next step is to make the necessary changes to your channel. As stated above, check for a reason and make changes accordingly. Follow the below bulleted list to make changes to your channel.
- If your channel was rejected for inappropriate content, you need to review your videos and ensure that they meet YouTube’s community guidelines.
- If your channel was rejected for copyright infringement, you need to remove any infringing content and avoid using copyrighted material in the future.
- Similarly, if your channel was rejected for spammy behavior, you need to avoid using clickbait titles, misleading thumbnails, and excessive tags.
Improve the quality of your content.
Another way to enable monetization after being rejected is to improve the quality of your content.
YouTube favors channels that provide high-quality content to their audience. Therefore, you need to focus on creating engaging and informative videos that your viewers will love.
- Invest in good equipment, such as a camera and microphone, and ensure that your videos have good lighting and sound quality.
- Also, try to make your videos more professional by using good editing software and adding relevant graphics and text overlays.
Always remember, if the content is packed nicely, the audience will like and watch it repeatedly, which will help you monetize your videos.
Increase your subscribers and watch time.
YouTube has strict requirements for monetization, and one of the most important criteria is the number of subscribers and watch time.
According to the latest news from YouTube, in order to be eligible for the YouTube Partner Program and monetize your content, you must have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time in the past 12 months, or 10 million valid public short views within the last 90 days.
If your channel was rejected for not meeting these requirements, you need to focus on increasing your subscribers and watch time. You can do this by
- Promoting your channel on social media,
- Collaborating with other content creators, and
- Creating engaging videos that keep your viewers hooked.
As mentioned earlier, if you’re a new YouTuber unaware of the process to earn more subscribers, check this blog to understand the process.
Reapply for monetization
Once you have made the necessary changes and met the requirements for monetization, you can reapply for monetization. Follow the below steps to do this,
- Go to the YouTube Studio dashboard and click on the Monetization tab.
- Then, click on the Enable button and follow the instructions to set up your AdSense account.
- Once your account is set up, YouTube will review your channel again to ensure that it meets the community guidelines and requirements for monetization.
- This process may take several weeks, so be patient and continue creating high-quality content in the meantime.
Getting rejected for monetization on YouTube can be frustrating, but it doesn’t mean the end of the road for your channel. By analyzing the reasons for rejection, making necessary changes to your channel, improving the quality of your content, increasing your subscribers and watch time, and reapplying for monetization, you can enable monetization and start earning money from your videos.
Remember that YouTube has strict policies that you need to adhere to, so always ensure that your content meets the community guidelines and requirements for monetization. With hard work, dedication, and patience, you can turn your YouTube channel into a thriving source of income.